Thursday, January 20, 2005

 

Ode to a Guy

Let me clarify at the onset, the relationship sucked big time, there are no two thoughts about it. However the length of the relationship was such that even today, I mention him and it not with bitterness, well, maybe just a teeny-weenie bit (human nature?).

So, now where do I begin to tell the story? How about the beginning, a very good place to start, right? Maybe those quite into music might figure out these lines. Anyway, I met him when he walked-in for an interview at the venue where the company that I worked for was conducting walk-ins (duh). The thing that had struck me about him then was his confidence, should I call it over-confidence, maybe not. However, through my later interaction with him, I have realized it is arrogance, is it misplaced? Well, frankly, I’d say not, it is just confidence in self, albeit a little extreme in his case. So, that’s how I met this Guy.

In his school days, a term that was synonymous with him was the 3 E’s – exotic, esoteric and erotic (;-)). I would agree, he did live up to it. He did have a penchant for all things nice. But he is and shall always remain the most selfish, and ego-centric, arrogant guy (as my aunt put it, in meeting him for like 30 minutes) that I have ever come across.


Hey, but this is not a bash blog, I actually want to thank him for the things that he introduced me to.
A culture that was not in my terrain for so long. You name it, and he could speak about it. Ask a question and he would definitely have an idea. He was a good teacher as well, many a things (given that we worked in the same field), he would explain to me so well.

I got complimented on my movie knowledge a few days back, but believe me, my knowledge stems from his company. He was and still remains passionate about movies. Rock music - I started listening to it because of him. I now, can atleast appreciate the music, earlier it was just noise and more noise. :-). An experience in stage production or auditioning for a role, or general awareness of how much work it is to actually churn out the same performance day after day for a play.

His knowledge trove was immense, I would literally pester him to tell me a story or teach me a word. He had dabbled in almost everything. And through him, I did so too, to a certain extent. I came out of that relationship, certainly not miserable.

It did turn to be a pain towards the end of it and I was very very happy to be leaving him forever.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?